Monday, September 22, 2014

Migraine Monday

Oh yeah gotta love migraines :(


I've had them most of my entire adult life.  As with most migraine sufferers, caffeine can play a big part in getting them and its really an allergic reaction.  So I'm allergic to caffeine.  Which includes tea (I drink decaf), coffee (don't drink it really unless its decaf, iced and is mostly skim milk with some sugar), most soft drinks (Coke, Pepsi, etc. which I don't drink anymore) and of course, chocolate.  *Gasp* Yes you read that correctly - chocolate.  I rarely eat it anymore since it gives me an instant migraine, but if i get a craving that I can't control I have to take one of my migraine pills first.  Otherwise I'll be down for a good day, which is never good.

Anyway, didn't mean to give you a migraine lesson.  Sometimes you get them from stress or just because.  Last night around 2 am, I woke up to a "just because" migraine.  Right behind my left eye, no less.  And if you've never had one, consider yourself lucky.  Pardon my french, but they are a bitch.  I've been hurting all day and sometimes even my prescription isn't enough to take care of it.  At that point, all I can do is lay in a quiet, dark room and try to sleep it off. 

Luckily today my pills took most of the edge off.  My neck and shoulders are stiff (a lovely side effect) but I'm feeling a little better at least.

Otherwise I entered a fabric giveaway a couple weeks ago and won!  Look at my goodie:

 
 
I've never used hexagons before so I'm going to scour the web for a pattern.  I received this from the A Stitch in Dye blog - so thank you very much!  I've never won fabric before this this was pretty cool! 
 
I'm surprised that it even made it to me - check out the packaging it came in:
 



If I'm feeling better later, I may work on the wrap for the food boxes for our BBQ turn in boxes (aka Casserole Carrier).  Here's the fabric I'm using (appropriate don't ya think?):


I'll post pictures when I'm done.

How was your Monday??
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment