Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sewing Sunday

Ah yes the woman is on a mission.  A sewing mission, that is.....


I spent the day working on sewing up items for my craft shows in November.  If I wasn't sewing, I was cutting up fabric. Aren't you amazed at how nice and neat I am?  I amaze even myself sometimes ;-)



I cut up at least 4 packages of Wrap-N-Zap batting and had a bunch of leftovers, so as any good quilter knows, I decided to just zig-zag the leftover pieces together so I can have bigger pieces to cut out.  Thrifty, no?


 
 
I was able to get quite a bit done, actually.  I have quite a few things on my list that I want to make before November, so I'm actually starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere.  I also had some of my inventory that I left in Minnesota sent to me; I received it on Saturday so that'll definitely be helpful. 
 
Besides my sewing bonanza today, I also managed to make my Beef Stroganoff for dinner (sorry I was already digging in when I realized I forgot to take a picture first (oops):
 

 
 
This is a really easy crockpot recipe, perfect comfort food.  I normally make a double batch and have it again the next day.  Here's the recipe:
 
BEEF STROGANOFF

1 pound stew meat
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or golden mushroom soup)
1/2 chopped onion (optional)
1 package fresh mushrooms (I use the bigger size container but I love mushrooms)
1/4 cup red wine (cooking or otherwise)
2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire
1/4 cup of water
1/2 block cream cheese
Pepper to taste
Cooked egg noodles
 
Mix everything except the cream cheese and pepper into a crockpot; cook on low for 4-5 hours or high 2-3 hours.  When the meat falls apart, its done. 
 
Chunk up the cream cheese and stir into stroganoff just before serving, allowing to melt completely.  Add pepper as desired.  Pour over cooked egg noodles.
 
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think!
Vanessa :)
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment