Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Crazy times in Florida

Boy, its been a crazy past few days!!!  Quilt show this Thursday then Friday/Saturday a BBQ competition, followed by lots of sleep and craziness when I went back to work!!  Where do I even start???

Thursday was the Jacksonville Quilt Show and it was pretty fun.  I was there about 5 hours, looking at quilts and of course, all the products for sale.  I will post pictures of some of my favorite quilts and talk more about the quilt show in the next few posts.

Friday and Saturday was the BBQ cookoff finale - we felt we had our best cook yet.  We ended up coming in 4th overall, and was barely 2 points from 3rd place.  Not bad at all!!!  We are taking a break from BBQ for awhile; besides we are getting a new smoker made so even if we wanted to cook we can't right now. 

So we will be going "pro" and will start entering pro competitions, probably after the holidays.  More to come on that.....

Work.....ah, work.  The ultimate in crazy......either I'm swamped or have nothing going on.  I have just started the "I'm Swamped" cycle which will last for the forseeable future.  Oh well, at least I have a job, for which I am thankful :)

Hope you're week has been good so far!
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment