Wednesday, June 18, 2014

All is quiet on the homefront.....

It's been pretty quiet the past couple of days - which is a nice change since I'm always going, going, going!  Had a nasty migraine starting on Sunday and am just finally starting to feel normal again (well, as normal as I'm ever going to get hahaha)

I've been looking around for a new project to start and during my browsing around I found this pattern:  Dog Daze & Feline Frenzy by Fons and Porter.  Click on the link to see it - it is adorable and is definitely going on my every growing 'to do' list!!

Now that we are already in mid-June I'm already starting to think ahead for Christmas.  After not making any for two years I'm thinking I may make some microwave bowl holders for my aunt, sister-in-law and a few others (as well as myself cuz I don't even have any for me!!)  I already know my friend Amy is screaming "Noooooooo" - we made these a couple of years ago for craft shows and I swear that we made 600+ between the two of us LOL    And my friend Kathy made several as well and were a big hit so she knows what I'm talking about - ha!!  But seriously, as long as you aren't killing yourself making a billion at once, they are a lot of fun and are pretty quick.  Once I get fabric picked out and all that, I'll post a tutorial (and pics)!!

Any other idea for Christmas presents?  If so leave a comment.....cuz I'm drawing a blank for some reason!

It also seems I'm running low on my microwave heating/ice pack bags so will need to make some more.  I think I've only sold maybe 10 or so, but then again I haven't really tried that hard either LOL  I did have someone ask for a Pittsburgh Steelers one so I'll just go ahead and make some more since I have a bunch of fabric for them already.  I'll make sure and take pics and post them when I'm done.

Otherwise......the only other news I have is that I've been working out:

 
 
Which totally sums it up, my opinion ;-)  Actually though, my work has a fitness center and they only charge $10/month for employees to use.  I figured "why not" - and my body has been screaming at me ever since.  Literately screaming lol  I'm trying to go 3 times a week and when I do, I use the elliptical maching for 20 minutes.  I started last Monday and after my workout on Tuesday my right calf had enough; it was cramping and really tight.  Didn't work out on Wednesday and was eating bananas like they were going out of style (for the potassium).  Between that, using my microwave bag and massaging it, I felt well enough to go back on Thursday.  Already went once this week and have 2 more times to go.  I'm trying to ease back into it since its been awhile since I've been exercising, but I can already tell you I feel a lot better.  Not that I'm going to be fanatical about it or anything....
 
Anyway - hope you're having a wonderful week!!
Vanessa



No comments:

Post a Comment