Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday Show and Tell

Everyone always say Monday's are awful, but for me they usually fly by.  My worst day of the week is always Thursday - why?  It seems to just dragggggg all day long, even if I'm super busy at work.  Go figure.....

So as I was looking at the pictures on my phone (looking to delete to make some more room) I came across my favorite quilt I've made to date:


I made this a good 3-4 years ago and I love it as much today as I did when I took this photo.  I can see all sorts of things I did wrong - such as placement of some of the squares next to ones that had the same material - but I don't really care lol  This quilt is a queen size and the best part is that I bought all the fabrics on sale from a discount warehouse (Mill End Textiles, if you're curious).  I wanted something with animal prints and I ended up with this.

The whole top probably cost me $40 to make (including thread!!) and I loved the black textured/marbled fabric so much I bought the entire bolt (which was good because they were out of that black for at least another 6 months lol).  I do still need to get it quilted and bind it, but unfortunately its packed away with most of my other fabrics in Minnesota.  But it will come home to Florida with me when I got back with a UHaul and get the rest of my things.

So what was your favorite quilt that you've ever made, and why??

2 comments:

  1. I love that quilt - still have to finish mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think it has to be one of my favorites so far - all I know is that we had a LOT of fun looking at fabrics for this one!

    ReplyDelete