Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Father's Days A-Coming!

Father's Day is on Sunday the 15th and I'm going to make Monkey Bread since I'm going to a bunch and need to bring something:


Looks yummy doesn't it?  I've had it before and MAN-O-MAN is it really good!!  Sweet, gooey, sweet......did I mention its VERY sweet???  LOL

Anyway if you're interested, here's the recipe:

***************************************************************************

MONKEY BREAD

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cups walnuts (or nuts of your choice), optional
1/2 cups raisins (optional)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup melted butter or margarine 


Cooking Instructions:
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.

Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces
 
In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.  Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.             
***************************************************************************
 I won't be using raisins (because I don't like them) but otherwise I'm not changing the recipe.
 
I'm not sure *why* its called Monkey Bread - I looked it up on Google (because if its not on Google then it doesn't exist LOL) and there are all sorts of theories, but no one agreed on the origins of the name.  Ok I'll go with that.
 
So.....what are you doing on Father's Day?   
 
Vanessa     
 

1 comment: