Thursday, October 9, 2014

Quilt Show pictures - Part One


A couple weeks ago I went to the Jacksonville Quilt Show (http://www.quiltfestjax.com) and had a lot of fun. Here are some of my favorite quilts on display:

This is a pattern by McKenna Ryan called "Glacier". You can't tell from the picture but the quilter used beads throughout the quilt:

This one is called "Convex Illusions". I absolutely love illusion pictures so I really love this one:

This one is called "Coxcomb" and is a Judy Niemeyer pattern. I can totally appreciate the work that went into this; I'm just not I have the patience or attention span to do one myself lol:

This quilt is called "Spiral Strips" from the book "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott. This one is on my "do to" list:

This one won an award!  This is a Civil War Bride Quilt, which is an interpretation of "The Bird of Paradise" quilt top at the American Folk Art Museum in New York. The original is thought to be an unfinished wedding or marriage quilt. Fabulous!!!

Another award winner and probably one of the cutest and most original ones at the show!  This one is called "Crime Scene Investigation" and has cute little sayings throughout the fence. The quilting on this one is out of this world!!  I just can't say enough about this quilt:

I absolutely am crazy about tropical colors and if I could have, this quilt would have gone home with me!!  The name of this quilt is "Tropical Delight" and this is a Quilt in a Day quilt by Eleanor Burns from "Day & Night":

This quilt is called "Cactus Rose" and is a. Judy Niemeyer pattern. I love the colors and the overall crisp design:

This one is called Caribbean Sky" and is a Judy Niemeyer pattern. It looks way to hard for me but I can absolutely appreciate the amount of work that went into it. Another one I'd bring home if I could :-) :

Another ribbon winner!  This one is called "Summer Solstice" and is a paper pieced pattern by Judy Niemeyer (boy her patterns are popular lol). I love the masculine feel to this one:

Another winner!  This one is called "Glacier Star" and is, yes, another paper piecing quilt pattern by Judy Niemeyer.   Again outside of my ability but a gorgeous quilt nonetheless:

Ok so I'm noticing a trend with the Judy Niemeyer patterns; I swear I didn't notice that until I started posting the pics lol. I was just taking pictures of the ones I liked. 

Anyway I have a ton more quilt pictures to share but unfortunately it's time to get to work :-( 

So....what are your favorite ones so far?  Reply in the comments and share your thoughts :-)

Enjoy your day!
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment