Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday!

So for today's Throwback Thursday, here is a picture of my very first quilt ever:

 

I had SO much fun with my friend Kathy shopping for these fabrics; we went to Mill End (sadly, they've since closed the store) and had an absolute ball!!  Looking at it now, I can see that I had absolutely NO idea what I was doing as far as colors, placement, etc. (its a bit busy for my taste)  But hey, for a first time quilt its really not all that bad.  Not really.  I guess.  LOL  Best part of the class was my instructor, and now great friend, Amy, made the class so much fun!!  I still have the pattern and one day I plan on remaking it with a more pleasing (to me) color palette.  Maybe more solids and fewer prints next time.  Or batiks.....you know I'm crazy about batiks :-)

Speaking of batiks - look at this cute free pattern I found online at All People Quilt:


Its called "Splashes of Color"; just click on the name to bring you to the free pattern.  This one is definitely going on my "to do" list!!!  It would also be cute with some sort of fussy cut print for the center square and solids (or polka dots even) on the outside.

I'll be heading down to Orlando tomorrow for a nice long weekend of fun and relaxation.  I think we may hit a theme park or two, but there will definitely be some shopping involved!!  Pictures will taken and an full recap of the trip will be forthcoming!

What are your plans this weekend?  And what do you think of the Splashes of Color quilt?

Vanessa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment