Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Getting Ready for BBQ!

On Sunday we did a practice round of ribs in preparation of the cookoff this weekend - they turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.  I didn't take any pictures of the practice ribs, but there will be plenty of pics from the cookoff this weekend :) 

In other news, I've been trying to decide what my next quilting project is going to be, and have decided to go ahead and *finally* make myself a king-sized quilt, using a pattern I bought last year and just fell in love with:


My LQS had a display of this pattern on the wall using batiks and I fell instantly in love with it!!!
 

 
 
As I might have mentioned before, I'm a *huge* batik fan and this just screamed "BUY ME"!  So I spent the better part of a year looking for the perfect batiks - I wanted to do mine in "beachy" colors - turquoises, tans, light blues, light greens, etc.  For a king sized bed you need something like 30-32 fat quarters, which doesn't sound bad until you have to start looking for the perfect ones :-/  On top of that, I want to make a matching valance for my bedroom window so I needed extra material for that.
 
It was a long, hard search - because as I'm buying FQ and then start laying them next to each other I was finding that some were too dark, some too light, some not the correct shade, etc.  Oh no......this requires me to go back out and buy more fabric.  Oh darn.  Whatever will I do? 
 
Now that I have the fabrics finally picked out, I can finally start cutting them into the pieces.  I'll post pictures of my progress :)
 
Hope you are having a wonderful day!!
Vanessa
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment